Happy Sunday, friends! In the U.S., it is Memorial Day weekend. A time to honor those men and women who died while serving and protecting the U.S. I am thankful to them.
Finally, something savory and super nutritious! I think I may have upped my green game with this dish. I am so excited to share this wholesome recipe with you. It is creamy, flavorful, satisfying and packed with all kinds of nutrients. Here is my “Cilantro, Avocado & Zucchini Noodles!” This veggie noodle recipe is one of the ways I try to add more vegetables and fruits into my daily meals. I hope you like it!
Here’s the truth, I really want to eat healthier. In order to do that, I need to incorporate more organically grown fruits and vegetables into my recipes. Of course, I will include the occasional classic flour cakes and the like, but it’s really all about moderation. I will try to introduce healthier ingredient substitutions or options for classic sweet and savory recipes or create something entirely new.
For this recipe, I made a “pasta sauce” that includes my favorites; cilantro, lime, avocado, arugula, garlic and zucchini. This combination is absolutely delicious and very creamy. I hope you try to make it too. If you like spicy foods, try adding red pepper flakes or ground cayenne. I love spicy foods so this spicy kick just seals the deal for me. Otherwise, this recipe is good all on its own. 🙂
Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!
Cilantro, Avocado & Zucchini Noodles
+ 3-4 zucchinis
+ 1 garlic clove, peeled
+ 1 cup zucchini, sliced or chopped
+ 1/2 cup arugula
+ 1/2 cup cilantro
+ 1/2 cup lime juice or 1 lime (squeezed)
+ 1 avocado
+ 1 cup of water
+ 1/8 tsp. pink himalayan salt
+ 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes or ground cayenne pepper (optional)
+ blender or food processor
- Chop both ends of each zucchini to make it easy to mount the zucchini to the spiralizer.
- Mount the zucchini in between the spiralizer and blade. Please read your spiralizer’s instructions.
- Use a plate or a bowl to collect the spiralized zucchini noodles.
- Leave the spiralized zucchini noodles aside and make the creamy sauce.
- Into a blender or a food processor, add the water first.
- Next add the arugula and cilantro.
- After adding the leafy ingredients, add the zucchini, garlic and avocado.
- Next pour the lime juice and blend all ingredients at medium to high speed.
How to assemble dish:
- Pour the zucchini noodles into a large bowl for mixing.
- Pour the creamy sauce into the bowl of zucchini noodles and mix with a salad spoon or with your hands.
- Once the creamy sauce is fully incorporated, sprinkle pink himalayan salt, then serve the dish into a bowl or plate and enjoy! ❤ (Tip: Add or sprinkle topping of your choice. In this dish, I sprinkled red pepper flakes.)