Hello! Happy Earth Day to you! Hope all is well in your part of the world.
This bundt cake is such a great combination to eat with hot coffee or a glass of almond milk when it’s raining outside. I did not grow up eating food with cardamom or the tangerine and grapefruit hybrid fruit called “minneola tangelo,” but I am very much loving it as an adult.
This week I have been having a creative block for one of my other projects and I planned on working on it earlier today, but I opted to bake this delicious bundt cake instead. I am glad I did! Go, me! 😛
Sometimes I think I put too much pressure on wanting to create something amazing that it just ends up backfiring on me and I am left with a project that I am not happy to share with anyone. Does that ever happen to you? If it ever happens to you, my advice is to flip the script and do something else. Cheers to that! Options.
I was thinking of making some type of glaze for this, but decided that the flavors of the cake tasted good on its own. Just like the “keep it simple, st#%i&!” saying goes…it is so true with this cake.
I wish you a great week!
+ 3 cups cake flour
+ 2 cups light brown sugar
+ 1/2 cup granulated sugar
+ 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (room temperature)
+ 1 tbsp. baking powder
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1 tbsp. ground cardamom
+ 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
+ 4 large eggs (room temperature)
+ 1/2 tsp. minneola tangelo zest
+ 1/2 cup minneola tangelo juice
+ 1/2 cup almond milk
+ 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Set and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, add sugar, butter, baking powder, salt, cardamom and vanilla extract.
- Add one egg at a time, then mix in half of the flour.
- Add the milk, minneola tangelo juice and minneola tangelo zest, then add the remaining flour and mix until ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Grease bundt pan with butter or spray bundt pan with a non-stick baking spray. (Tip: Save sticks of butter wrappers to grease bundt pan with the leftover butter remnants.)
- Evenly pour batter mixture into the bundt cake pan (10 cups).
- Place the bundt cake pan at the middle to lowest level metal oven rack and onto a baking sheet pan for added support.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes. Rotate baking sheet pan at the halfway mark to cook bundt cake evenly.
- After cake is fully baked, carefully remove the baking sheet with bundt cake pan from oven onto a heatproof table surface. Place a metal cooling rack on top of the bundt pan, then using oven pot holders or mittens, flip the bundt cake over and carefully lift the pan to reveal the perfectly-formed bundt cake. Leave cake on the metal cooling rack for at least 15 to 30 minutes or until fully cooled.
- Sift or sprinkle the powdered sugar onto the cake.
How to decorate cake:
- Sprinkle or sift 1 to 2 tbsp. of powdered sugar onto the top and sides of cake.